Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mmmm Blueberries

This weather is really messing with my subconscious. Growing up I always loved this time of year when 33 degrees was enough to make you think it was time to wear shorts, you could see the asphalt for the first time in 5 months, you could walk down the sidewalk without constantly keeping your inner thy muscles tense while you shuffled you feet as not to do the uncontrollable flailing arm/fall down dance in front of a crowd of passers by(am I the only one who did that?) But most importantly, this was the time of year when the snow banks started to melt and every road edge became a 8 year olds version of an olympic kayak run for twigs.

This year is different. Sure the weather is warming up(the 80 degree forcast today kind of wierds me out), and there are times where it still has that thawing out feel. But it isn't quite the same when all winter it only made it below freezing for a few days here and there and there has been no snow to speak of for months. No rain either for that matter.

My brain is confused. The weather... and angle of the sun divided by the square root of 75(or something like that) makes me think I should be seeing those snow banks melting but all I see is a dusty road side. I keep dropping twigs on the side of the road wishing that they would be wisked down the way in a race to the giant culvert finish line. Maybe that's why Lucy keeps giving me that cocked head look(the dog version of "Hummna-huh" or what's that nut ball doing that for).

Maybe it's the square root of 74.

Is it obvious that I have nothing really to talk about...

No comments: