Wednesday, March 01, 2006

One for the Goosers

Some of you will be happy to know that the Goosing is going very well. The large groups of 500 geese have found there way to greener pastures with less bird bangers to annoy them. But there are 5 or 6 that insist on hangin around. I think they had already put a down payment on a plot for their nest. Lake front property.

Yesterday I think I might have given one of them an aneurysm. They kept flying around in a big circle every time we scared them up and landing right back in the pond. So the third time we decided to hide behind the dam and wait for them to come back. They did about 5 minutes later and as they were coming in for a landing, giving their obligatory honk honk honk they had no idea we were there. With that, I shot a banger right out in front of them as they flew in towards us. That's when I started to feel a little bad. After the bang, the gooses honk went from the typical honk to more of a Houf Houf Hfff.

It worked though, one way or another. He either just got sick of us making so much noise, was embarrassed in front of his lady friend or his brain shorted out and he just got lost. Either way, they flew the other direction and didn't come back.

We'll see what today holds.

4 comments:

grrrbear said...

You probably gave it a concussion.

But it sounds like he had it comin' to him...

You'll totally win if it tried to sue you for damages.

kippur said...

Ok, well that makes me feel a lot better.

czahr said...

I just realised something...the "banger" you keep referring to is actually the gun thing! This whole time I thought you were using a bit of charming British vernacular and I was confused because I couldn't figure out wether you were launching sausages at the geese or something about goose sausage. "to each his own" I thought, and then I imagined how much fun it would be to launch sausages at, well, pretty much anything. Especially if it were launching goose sausages at geese!



*please Google "Bangers and Mash" for more information, or visit your local public library.

Anjonette said...

What is goosing?