Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spelunking??? Spe-whos-idea-was-this???

So we had quite an adventure at work today. After many months of procrastination, I finally couldn't stand it any more and shored up the foundation on the house. I don't think that it was ever really bad until the last month. But I'm sure most of you have heard me complaining ...and dreading having to do anything about it for quite a while. What really convinced me that it was time to do something about it was two nights ago I was sitting in the living room and Lucy trotted through the room and I could feel the couch bounce up and down. So I figured that I had probably procrastinated enough.

So I got the supplies together, came up with a plan and crawled in. Of coarse I suited up from head to toe first, it's quite dirty under there.

Let me tell you, if you've ever thought, you know I think I would like to dig some holes in the crawl space of my house...I'm here to tell you, it's really not as fun as it sounds. First of all, as you will see from the pictures, there was very little wiggle room. It was one way in, one way out and a whole lot of belly crawling in between.

So since this space was so incredibly small, and we needed to dig some footings for the floor jacks to go into...we had to utilize some rather small tools to dig with.

Since this could get to be a rather long story...and since im so dang tired...I'll spare you all the details and just show you the pictures. Now the halogen lights are still in there because we'll need them tomorrow so ignore them. No we just let the concrete set over night and then crank it up a few good inches in the morning and we should be all good to go...no more bouncy bouncy.

One thing is for sure...Im glad it's not spider season yet!



4 comments:

P. Ollig said...

That sure looks like not fun. There's an easy way to get out of having to do icky stuff like that that I have discovered. Don't own a house. But then, you guys don't actually own that house, anyway, and aren't you sort of getting paid to live there and take care of it?

So stop complaining, Mr. We Live in This House for Free.

kippur said...

Mmmmmm Free....

Anonymous said...

I remember when we were visiting 2 years ago & you talked about that!! We will have to come & let the girls run around to see how well it holds up!! Erin is so proud of you!! Have a :o) day!!
Hugs, Janine

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »