Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A 2nd rounder huh? That it?

Well it's official, and I for one say good riddance. Heck yeah I enjoyed having him as a Viking. Any fan knows we require a love/HATE relationship with our team, and he fit that bill.

Yeah he gave us two really solid years, a few good ones and a few that we would all rather forget. For a quarterback in the NFL I'd have to say that's pretty dang ok. But I have always been a firm beliver in the "If they don't wanna be here, then we're better off without em" theory.

So it's off to Florida for the big guy. I hear they have bigger boats there. I am glad that Gus wont be staying in Miami also. I always liked that guy and I would hate to see him have to back Daunte again. So that's good for his sake.

Now this whole 2nd round pick trade BS really frosted me at first. You throw the leagues best reciver to Oakland and get little in return, then you get rid of "Our guy"(that's what coaches like to call their starting QB's right?) for a freakin 2nd rounder?

Now I say that I was upset at first, but that's before I started thinking about it. The Vikings have a primo opportunity here in the draft. If you notice, the Saints have just signed Brees to a six year deal, and they have a Number 2 Pick in the draft this year which WILL be Leinart or Young since Bush is going to be number 1. And I can't imagine the saints not taking advantage of the fact that they don't need to draft a QB and trading that pick off.

So if anyone in the Vikings head office is reading this, here is what you need to do. Trade New Orleans our First round pick as well as both of our 2nd rounders for their number 2. That way we get very promising back up for Brad, and they get a butt load of picks in the first two rounds and don't have to waste one on a QB they don't need. I say that's a win win.

And if you think about it, pretending they didn't get a 2nd rounder from Miami, they would really be trading Culpepper plus a 1st and 2nd round pick for the best possible Class of 06 QB.(we hope) I think that seems like a deal.

Anyways, it's all water under the bridge. I for one was really hopeing to see him go to Arizona. I think he woulda looked funny in white and red(kinda like the Edge will)

2 comments:

P. Ollig said...

I see you now have your own little egg guy, too, huh?

You know, it would probably be easier if you just made it so that anyone who types in your blog's URL just gets bumped directly to mine, rather than having to copy everything all the time. Less work for you that way.

czahr said...

You know, I'd watch football but there just aren't enough explosions.