Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Puzzling Puzzle puzzles me more than politics...puzzling.

Sorry, no pictures of the goosin yet.

I've decided this morning that I need to cut back on my news paper reading. At least for another year or so(if things change this November). I've decided this because I realized as I was reading the news about the latest budget that was proposed by the Bush. It's been a really long time since I have read ANY good news about what the government of this country is doing to make things "better". Don't worry, I'm not about to go on a rant about politics or anything. I already had that discussion with my brain this morning. It was stimulating don't get me wrong but it's just the same ol rant we've all hered a million times before. It just hit me that I think I've started to become numb to the bad news.

"They're cutting the national parks budget by how many billions?"
"Cutting Education??? How many kids is that going to leave behind?"
"Shutting down a program to research new fuel technologies? But I thought you said..."
"...Hey look, the Sudoku puzzle is 4 stars today. Let's see, 1, 5..no...4...no, hmmm"

That was just a sampling of my inner conversation this morning. It's only slightly troubling when a the latest number puzzle is more thought provoking that billions of dollars of budget cut.