Friday, February 03, 2006

I'll scare me up a good goose I tell you what.

So I went to check my mailbox today and to my wonderful surprise the new toy I ordered has arrived. You see, the park I work in has a rather well manicured front lawn that has quite a few man hours of love and tender care devoted to it. The bad thing is, the public and I are not the only ones that have noticed this. Being that our lawn sits right next to a tranquil little pond, for one reason or another the Canadian geese have also taken a liking to it. They spend their days casually grazing away on our once beautiful turf, and leaving lots of lovely little piles of "all natural" shoe polish behind. As you can imagine this has become quite a problem for this park employee , and I refuse to stand by and do nothing...

So I'm going to shoot explosives at them.

Ok ok, nothing that's going to hurt them. Just something that's going to scare the poop out of them as they fly AWAY and hopefully decide that it is not in their best interest to build a nest here. This is what I ordered---> http://www.reedjoseph.com/pyrotechnic_launchers.htm

The launcher is a lot smaller than I would have liked. It has a sort of cap gun feel to it, and it is VERY orange. I guess I wont be holding up any banks with it then.

I wish I had one of these things when I lived up in Alex. Jason might remember one evening that we did a little goose scaring of our own. Only all we had to use was a few flashlights...they worked remarkably well I might say but we were also bangin on the side of the boat with the oars. It did catch them off guard though. I guess a goose doesn't really consider a couple of dumb high school kids and their idea of fun when they choose a spot to sleep for the night.

Ok, I'm going to go make things go boom. I'll let you know how it went.


4 comments:

P. Ollig said...

Canadian geese, eh? Were they wearin' their tuques? Or were they just sorta sittin' der drinkin' a two-four?

czahr said...

Remember the whole "goose" thing with Sanborn and Ian? And the whole "Kip is a turkey and not a goose thing"? Yeah. I think you just proved their point...whatever that point was.

grrrbear said...

Dude, I am *so* jealous of your job right now...

Anonymous said...

What a great site
» »