Sunday, February 05, 2006

Electric football disco




I believe I have found it.
My alter ego of the toy world.

With a post off of a friend’s site as inspiration I went on the hunt for my own counterpart. The ease with which I found him is precisely what makes me truly believe that he is the one. I looked into his eyes and he said to me "I feel ...as if...I know you, oh kindred spirit of the non internet world".

Alright, that's enough of that. Two things are on my mind this morning. You might think...superbowl? Well, you'd be close. Chili and Electric football. First, I have to make a batch of vegi chili for a superbowl type party today in lawrence. Now the heart of this recipie was taught to me by a mystical chef of the northern land. I hope that I can take what I have learned and do justice to all that is chili. We shall se how that goes.

The second thing that I have on the brain is something I saw on the tube this morning,
Electric Football.






Those of you of the pre videogame era are probably much more familiar with this than me. To me, this game falls in the area of "odd childhood memories", like the one of my uncle wearing a wierd hat with a feather in it standing next to a pole in our basement. I had to be about 2 or 3 years old and I have no idea why I remember this but it's quiet vivid. That might help you understand why this game struck me as so fascinating. Like going back in time to the day my uncle put on that hat, playing electric football would be almost as fun/exciting/weird...well, not quite as weird I guess, but still fun. At least until I saw how much these stinkin things cost. Christ sake.

So much for my dream of starting up a local Electric Football league.

Well, maybe someday.

1 comment:

czahr said...

You do realize that that plush toy is stuffed entirely with human souls, don't you? I like it, it's perfect.

I found out the name of my toy alter ego is "Mook". I'm trying o find a way to buy him without having to go through a Japanese site.

I never played electric football. But my family did have one of those handheld "football" games with the red LED dots moving around the screen. All that game ever did was confuse me.