Monday, March 17, 2008

Milestones

Sorry I don't have any pictures today but I just wanted to share a little milestone with you all. Avery got her first Time-Out yesterday. She was getting a little too carried away pulling Gwen's tail and wouldn't listen to her mother when she told her to stop. I have to say I was amazed at how well she did in the time out considering she is only 18 months old. I think we made it about 30 or 45 seconds and only had to tell her to sit back down twice. The hardest part for me was to not let her see me laughing. I couldn't help but chuckle seeing her sitting there. I think it actually worked too. She left Gwen alone the rest of the night. That could be because while she was in time out she forgot what she was doing to get her there, but who's counting.

4 comments:

czahr said...

Hey, that's not fair. I never got a time-out when I pulled Gwen's tail. You owe me some time-outs, buddy!

Steve said...

Welcome to the terrible twos. I think the key is not to let on - otherwise the kid will never take you seriously again. Oh wait - you just put that in the internet didn't you. Guess that cat is out of the bag as soon as Avery starts reading that is.

grrrbear said...

I guess she'll just have to not go to school now so she never learns to read. Oh well, I'm sure she can learn lots of stuff on the Discovery Channel.

kippur said...

D'oh!