Monday, July 23, 2007

Tagged?

Not sure I got the whole jist of this thing, but Ill give it a try. I like Bro +12's rules(no rules) so I'll follow those. Or maybe I'll just make them up as I go. So here goes...

..A few interesting, little known factoids about myself.

1) The first time I attempted to go down the water slide in my home town I failed and had to do the walk of shame back down the stairs. Although, I did work up the courage and eventually made it down the dang thing. Perhaps this is why I am not a fan of water parks to this day. Or maybe it's all the foot skin stuck to the bottom of the pool(You'll have to ask Erin on that one).

2)I took a summer class in 7th grade about bug collecting and we used formaldehyde to preserve the bugs. To this day every time I smell formaldehyde I think of large, odd looking bugs(and test tubes???). Does formaldehyde cause brain damage?

3)I see a change of occupation in my very near future. (Don't tell my boss)

4)I went to see Episode 2 for a second time by myself and walked out due to boredom. Does that break some sort of geek code or something? (Don't worry, I didn't pay for the ticket. I have connections)

5)When I was in college I thought it "wouldn't hurt to just have a drink or two, or eight" at a party my house was hosting the night before my cousins wedding day. Well, it did hurt. Lucky for me I had a "plus 1" to drive me that was nice enough to pull over a few times so I could...ask for forgiveness...along the side of the road. I think the cousin has forgivin me by now.

6)I drove from Oregon to N.C then to N.H. and back to Oregon in less than ONE WEEK(revised) once, and Erin was with me for half of it. Well sure I flew one section(from MN to NC), but it's still quite a trek. And in case you're wondering, I can make 16 hours straight driving before I start to see things in the road. Things that are not there I mean, like horse drawn carriages. At least I don't think it was real??

7)I'm a stud Table Tennis player. Or at least I like to think so.

8)The summer after HS graduation I spent an afternoon with some buddies in a sewer tube...just for fun. (We had to see where it went)

9)I like romantic comedy's. Yeesh...did I just say that out loud?

10) I know how to count to ten.

11) I don't think we're supposed to go to eleven.

12) I shoulda stopped at nine.

13)I graduated High School in my boxer shorts.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

The # 1 thing, yea that happened to me the first time I went up to one of those!!! So dont be assamed cause it happened to me too! I cant wait to see you in about a week at Carlos!!!!

Sarah Renslow

Anonymous said...

Episode 2 of what? [scratch]

P. Ollig said...

obviously, Uncle Cam is one of those unfortunate souls who have yet to discover their inner geek.

Every true geek knows exactly what is referred to by "Episode 2". Not to mention TNG, HRG, ESB, BSG, and TARDIS.

P. Ollig said...

I forgot one of the best: WOPR

Steve said...

TNG = Star Trek - The Next Generation (TOS is way better)

HRG = Horned Rimmed Glasses which is a nickname for the cheerleaders dad character from Heros (i think - have to admit i googled that)

ESB = Empire Stikes Back (the second star wars movie made)

BSG = Battlestar Galactica

TARDIS = the time machine from Dr. Who

WOPR = the computer in wargames

and finally to answer Uncle Cam's question, episode 2 of Star Wars - not the one Lucas made second, that's episode 5. rather the one subtitled Attack of the Clones which was the 5th movie he made.

anyone else think my efforts be best served trying to control my inner geek?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the remedial geektionary.......[crickets]......[tumbleweed]........[scratch]

kippur said...

I was just thinking, in the interest of accuracy...I think it was actually the 3rd time I saw Episode 2.

Glad we could help clear that up Cam. Thanks Steve.

grrrbear said...

Ow, my back! I need to sit down...

[Inside joke only this blog's owner will get]

Anonymous said...

#11) You don't thing you're supposed to go to 11? Well, from one of my favorite English rock legends........

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel: Exactly.
Marty: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty: I don't know.
Nigel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

You can't argue with this kind of logic.

Eddie Paul