Friday, August 10, 2007

Camping: Episode 1

Lake Carlos State Park
Well, we made it back from our first camping trip with the girl. I'd like to say that, aside from a little rain and much colder temps than we expected, it was a success.

We had one day with near perfect weather. As you can see, a good deal of that day was spent floating around at the beach.

We tried to get the sunnies to come up and nibble on Avery's toes but they just wern't hungry I guess.

Sunscreen on the head makes for great hair-do's.


Avery and her cousin Alondra had fun splashing each other.

A quick stop at Noonans park to see the ducks.

We all had a wonderful time(as displayed here by Alondra). Besides the rain on saturday the nice cool weather made it hard to come back to the 100 degree temps in Kansas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your TITLE--Episode One-- meaen that we will see more from EPISODES from tThe LAKE CARLOS CAMPOUT? The 1st one was GREAT!!!
:o) Janine

Anonymous said...

OOPS!! Got a few typos there!!!

Amanda said...

Yeah, the rain was a tad disappointing, but hey it was fun anyway! Even with the "annoying neighbor"...It was great to see you and the family again!

Yes Chris...I was indeed "hiding". Well, acutally I thought my blog was rather lame so I decided not to publicize...it's mostly for me and my college friend Kim to keep up with eachother...
But, your certianly welcome to read it...if you don't fall asleep that is...and I'm trying my best...it will get better I promise!