Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To Grandmothers House We Go.

FAIR WARNING: I posted a lot of pictures.

So we took ourselves a trip up north to see Grandma. As you may recall from my previous post we got a new picture making toy, so we brought it with. Needless to say, we took a lot of pictures. We're still trying to figure out a good photo edit software. The one's I have tried so far have not worked so well. Ok, enough about that.
No trip to Grandma's could start without a music box session, or eight.

Or a good round of story reading. Notice the stack of books next to the chair. Avery made sure they read every one of them. Some of them twice.

Oops, I got paint on my hand.

Oops, I got paint on my hand.

Ok, day two. Time for some fun in the snow. First we took a moment to strateegerize.

Then it was go time. Avery kept an eye on the shoot to make sure it didn't clog up. Team player!

Rest.

And go.

Success!

We were standing on a crusty layer of snow. If we would have broke through ONE of us would have been over our heads. Guess which one. I think I broke through right after this picture.

So did Grandma. Avery pulled her out so it was ok.


By that look in her eye I think I have a pretty good idea what she was thinking.

Yup, sliding!

And again.

It's not a day in the snow without a good snowman.

But what good's a snowman if you can't knock it's head off.

I think she finally conceded that she was a little cold.

That night we went to visit the old man of the lake. He says hi, and that he and the misses are doing quite well. Not sure where she was, musta been going for a swim.

Avery helped scrub the potatoes. Well, right after I finished cleaning the bathroom.

Group picture.

Yes, we looked through every photo album. Couldn't stop in the middle or my brain would have thought it was 1983. And I was a little squirrly in 83 so Erin might not have liked that.

The one and only...Tuppy.

BOWLING!!! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.

Hey, you forgot your ball! Oh yeah, the ball. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.

Ummm, a little help here people.

"Just don't forget to let go."

Yes! I got it past all the pins without knockin a single one down! (She almost beat me in the end, it wasn't pretty)

A peaceful morning on the lake.

Avery got her hair curled so pictures were in order.

Whew, that's a lot of pictures for this little ol blog. I hope that you enjoyed them. There will be a quiz in the morning.

5 comments:

P. Ollig said...

Nicely done. You should get a polarizing filter, though. That pic of Big Ole would look really cool with one of those.

Is blogger taking forever to upload your pics, too? Or do we just need bigger internet tubes installed?

kippur said...

We'll have to look into one of them polarizing filters. I reduce all my pictures to about 140K before I post them. It's quicker that way. Even after that it still takes a while when you post 30 pictures.

P. Ollig said...

One more thing...was Big Ole missing a few ornaments on his helmet??

Anonymous said...

Yes~ Very nicely done INDEED! It was almost like we were there! I enjoyed the visit to Grandma's very much! THANK YOU!!! What did Paul mean about Big Ole misssing a few ornaments on his helmet??? Did you two climb up him with your friends & take the wings off his helmet or something? HMMM~ wouldn't suprise me a bit! Paul does like to "take" crome dome helmets & stuff like that.... :o) Janine

Meg said...

The BEST pictures! I especially like the one of your guys and your mom. I just can't believe how much your little girl has grown, she is so beautiful, you all look so fabulous and so HAPPY! Next time your in these parts - give me a ring!