Saturday, December 13, 2008

Curoivie

So I decided to try my hand at the old family Curoivie recipe this year. I think they turned out pretty good. Well, aside from the fact that I only had green sprinkles (No those are not chives Paul)and target only had 3 cookie cutters and they were not especially festive. Now that I think about it I think those sprinkles were a wedding present. I knew they would come in handy sooner or later. Thanks Sis.

I did get a little tired of cutting cookies towards the end so I decided to expedite the process a little.


And wouldn't you know it, the "Jedi Master" had to send me a box in the mail to show me how it's supposed to be done. (Which I REALLY appreciate). No kidding, Erin went out to get the mail while I was making these and they were there. That's some timing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEATO!!! CUROIVIE!! That is TOO COOL!! Every one of the Ollig children...except RICKY... made Curoivie this year!!! EVEN ME~~~ and my girls & husband can tell you I RARELY bake anything if it doesn't come out of a box!!! I can't figure out how you got the HUGE cookie off the cookie sheet w/o breaking it! HAPPY BAKING!
:o) JANINE

P. Ollig said...

Those are some good lookin' curoivie(s?).

Looks like you burnt a couple, though.

Steve said...

The looks of that care package almost makes me wish I lived out of state. Oh - and um, yours look too Chris.

kippur said...

I didn't know that was the criteria. I guess Im never movin back then. Well maybe I can work out a deal. And I don't think I burnt any paul.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I didn't know you were backing the same day the Alex cookies were to arrive. Yours look great and they don't look burned to me! The true test is in the taste though! I too would like to know how you got that big one off the cookie sheet in one piece. Must have been a cookie sheet without sides!Love Mom O

kippur said...

you figured out my secret. It's a cookie sheet with no sides.

P. Ollig said...

I'm kinda bummed cuz I let Sonja eat all of the russian tea cakes in our box from "tha masta". I've never tried making those...maybe this is the year?

Tomorrow I'll post a picture of my "anti-cookie".