Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Up North

So as most of you probably know, we just made a trip up to Minnesota. As much as I would like to say that it was just for a fun visit, it was not. My Grandmother, the matriarch of the family, passed away last week. I wish I could put into words how much we will miss her but I can not. Fortunately cousin J did a fantastic job of that for all of us. Very well said cuz, you said what was in all of our hearts.

That being said, here are just a few of the lighter moments from our trip.





No I didn't take all of these pictures but I did take some of them with Bro +1.5's lovely little camera(and when I say little I don't mean little). Let's just say, now I want one.

Really cool camera = Really cool pictures

6 comments:

Steve said...

i really like that top one. though i think it has more to do with Avery than the really cool camera.

kippur said...

agreed.

czahr said...

Sorry about your grandma. Yours is from the same generation as mine was. They don't make them like that anymore and it's sad that soon there wont be any awesome old ladies left who remember what it was like to live in a world without television and GoGurt and credit card debt.

kippur said...

Thanks, they didn't have Gogurt back in the day???

czahr said...

Not in this country. In 1834 the Duke of Gogurt tried exporting his favorite snack of ultra-processed super-sweetened yogurt out of England but when the ship arrived at the east coast colonies the citizens mistook it for a new kind of rat poison and spread the entire shipment throughout their sewers. Upon hearing what had happened to his gift the Duke of Gogurt fell into a deep depression and had himself beheaded. It wasn't until the late 1990's that his recipe made it into the hands of General Mills, who also mistook it for rat poison, but when they observed that it only made the rats morbidly obese and passive they decided it would be the perfect 'healthy' snack for children.

kippur said...

Ahhh, i see. Thank you for the lesson on the history of GoGurt. I don't think I would like to have myself beheaded.