Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Arkansas

Who knew Arkansas could be so pretty.

I know something else that's pretty. Or should I say, someone else. On a sad note, two minutes after this photo was taken Avery took a spill and got her first REAL boo boo. A nice big bandage and a few kisses on the knee from mom and she was all better. She sure played it up the rest of the weekend though. She didn't want us to forget that she had a boo boo and it hurt. I showed her the scars on my knee from all my boo boos and she felt a little better.

We spent some time at a hotel in Eureka Springs. The hotel has ghosts but it's all good...they were friendly. All the talk of ghosts got Avery on the hunt for the unexplained. She swears up and down that she saw a UFO while we were on the balcony so we had to look for it in the telescope.


How's that saying go? Take time to stop and... pet the sow bugs?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had some fun in Arkansas! Hopefully Grand Marais,(sp?) and a visit to Grandma's house that was postponed by the spring SNOW STORM in MN will be as much fun!!! I'm not sure, but I think there are even ghosts in Buttons Grandma's sand floor basement!!!I heard them playing hide-n-seek when we were up for Mother's day! BTW....is Avery's favorite color pastel teal? She looks great in it!!! :o)

kippur said...

Arkansas was fun. Grand Marais will be funner. ...funner???

I'll send Avery into the crawl space when we get there to look for those ghosts.

Anonymous said...

Who knew Arkansas could be so pretty.

*****************************

Anyone who has been here. Please keep it a secret though.

Steve said...

2 trips in just a few weeks?!?! With ghosts and UFOs no less. That Avery is one lucky duck.

can i be one of your kids too? Avery told me she wanted an older brother last time i saw her. really she did.

kippur said...

You're in. There will be chores involved though. I'm getting kinda tired of doing the dishes. (Besides I need a little competition on the kart.)

P. Ollig said...

Didja see any Ivory-billed Woodpeckers while you were there? That's really the only reason I think we'd ever go to Arkansas. On purpose, anyway.

Amanda said...

Great Pics. Avery sure is gettin' bigger! And there are no ghosts in Grandma's house...trust me. Arkansas looks like a beautiful state!

Eliteone said...

Arkansas looks amazing through the eyes of Capt. Kippur.
What type of camera were you using? It looks like a professional the picture of the nature scenes in Ark. Avery looks so cute. She is a natural nature kid like her parents.